- Etisalat Digital and Ericsson demonstrate unified traffic management IoT platform capabilities, and locally develop and promote use cases for the UAE urban transportation sector
- The use cases are built on the unified IoT platform for smart traffic management
- Under the GITEX 2018 theme: Experience Future Urbanism, Etisalat Digital and Ericsson will showcase efficient traffic management solutions that includes Secure Vehicle Tracking, Automotive Surveillance and eCall Accident
- First, public 5G NR over-the-air data call using 39 GHz mmWave band
- Demonstration uses commercially available products: Ericsson Radio System AIR 5331 and the Intel® 5G Mobile Trial Platform
- Successful interoperability tests pave the way for commercial 5G devices and ensures network and ecosystem readiness
Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been named 5G Enabler of the Year at the Telecoms World Middle East 2018 that took place in Dubai on September 17th, 2018.
The award is based on Ericsson’s position as a consolidated technology leader driving 5G innovation regionally and globally. Ericsson’s network technology enables evolution from 4G to full 5G deployment through natural, step-wise implementation that balances investments, revenue streams and competitiveness while minimizing risk.