- Ericsson collaborates with Zain Iraq to modernize its network services
- Technical cooperation will ensure smooth 4G and 5G evolution while increasing capacity and improving end-user experience for subscribers in Iraq’s important high traffic cities.
Zain Iraq has selected Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) to modernize a number of its legacy sites with Ericsson Radio System in a contract signed recently that serves to strengthen the partnership of the two companies.
- Ericsson’s award-winning virtual Evolved Packet Core (vEPC) will help Zain Iraq alleviate data demands and prepare for continued growth in the coming years
- This is Ericsson’s first vEPC contract in Iraq and one of the first in the MEA region
- Increased data traffic, 4G introduction, and new IoT use cases in Iraq will require new demand management with advanced cloud infrastructure provided by vEPC
In preparation for the anticipated increase in data traffic and demand in Iraq, Zain Iraq has i
- Scope of Managed Services contract expanded with Experience Centric Managed Services and Energy Management of the operator’s entire network
- Ericsson will supply a Service Operation Center and Energy Network Operations Center to Zain Iraq, enhancing user experience for subscribers
Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has been awarded an extension of its Managed Services contract with Zain Iraq until 2021, after successfully providing Managed Services for Networks, IT and value-added ser