- Results exceed analyst expectations
- Turnover increases 7 percent to AED946 million
- Passenger numbers up 17 percent to 2.1 million
Air Arabia PJSC today reported strong financial results for the first quarter of 2016 exceeding analyst expectations as the Middle East’s first and largest low cost carrier continued to deliver outstanding performance and attract new customers.
Second time in three years Air Arabia has taken home coveted award based on passenger satisfaction levels
Air Arabia has been named the Best Low-cost Airline in the Middle East at the annual Skytrax World Airline Awards, which took place at the Paris Air Show this year. This is the second time in three years that Air Arabia has won the coveted award, following its previous victory in 2013.
Air Arabia has been named “Best Low-Cost Carrier” at the World Tourism Forum Awards in Istanbul, Turkey. The World Tourism Forum is an annual gathering of leading business figures and industry experts to discuss the future direction of the global tourism sector. Among the topics discussed were online tourism, destination marketing and the economic benefits of tourism.
- Turnover reaches AED 886 million, up 7 per cent
- 1.8 million passengers flew with Air Arabia in Q1 2015, up 10 per cent
- Low-cost pioneer to launch direct services to Urumqi in Western China
- Three scheduled flights per week starting on February 10, 2015
- Nine months revenue reaches AED 2.8 billion, up 17 per cent
- 5.1 million passengers flew with Air Arabia in nine months ending September 30, 2014, up 13 per cent
Sharjah, UAE; November 11, 2014: Air Arabia, the first and largest low-cost carrier (LCC) in the Middle East and North Africa, today announced its financial results for the first nine months ending September 30, 2014, as the success of the company’s hub and network expansion strategy continued to be reflected in str