In light of the disastrous outbreak of COVID-19, the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital and the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine continues the LAU National Campaign mission through the LAU Mobile Clinic operation by touring around the 4 corners of Lebanon and providing free PCR tests for symptomatic or exposed people, mainly those who cannot afford to pay for the test or who are not covered by any sort of medical insurance or social security.
The devoted medical team, nurses, lab technicians and staff are extending their reach to the most remote areas who might be in crucial need of medical assistance. The calendar of scheduled future visits is as follows:
- Rmeileh, Bkosta, Miyyeh w Miyyeh, Saida, Khaldeh - to take place on Monday April 20
- Bekaa: Bednayel, Ablah, Zahle, Bar Elias and Qob Elias to take place on Tuesday April 21
- West Bekaa: Haouch el Harime, Kefraya and Machghara to take place on Wednesday April 22
- The South: Bint Jbeil and Rmeish to take place on Thursday April 23
Several areas were already visited by the LAU Mobile Clinic and medical teams of the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital and the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine, these are:
- Nabatieh Government Hospital on Saturday April 4
- Crisis Cell of Tripoli Municipality and the Centre Hospitalier Du Nord in Zgharta on Saturday April 9
- Akkar, Qoubaiyat on Monday April 13, 2020
- Batroun, Tannourine, Chekka, Blat-Jbeil on Wednesday April 15
- Bourj Hammoud on Thursday April 16
During these difficult times, the LAU Mobile Clinic National Campaign is not only providing medical support to the Lebanese people threatened by the vicious virus, but it is also providing a moral support that is almost equally necessary to be able to persist and overcome the battle against the invisible enemy.
Once again, this public health initiative is a further proof of the unwavering mission of the LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital to “heal with compassion”.