- All-New Land Rover Discovery with unrivalled capability, versatility and technology on show in Paris
- World record at All-New Discovery world premiere event: 5.8million LEGO bricks in 13m-high Tower Bridge model
- New Jaguar XF Sportbrake confirmed, to be revealed in 2017
- Hollywood star Nicholas Hoult drives Jaguar XF AWD onto Paris Motor Show stand
- Global motor show debut of Jaguar I-TYPE ahead of debut Formula E season
Jaguar Land Rover stole the limelight at the Paris Motor Show with a world premiere, a world record, a surprise announcement and a motorsport debut.
The new Land Rover Discovery was the headline act on the show stand in Paris, fresh from its dramatic unveiling alongside a world record-breaking LEGO model of London’s Tower Bridge. The All-New Discovery redefines the premium SUV sector, delivering class-leading all-terrain capability and a versatile full-size seven-seat interior in a revolutionary design.
The Jaguar success story continued with confirmation the XF Sportbrake will join the family in 2017 and the brand underlined its commitment to investing in technology for the next generation by showcasing its advanced I-TYPE 1 on the stand.
Dr Ralf Speth, Chief Executive Officer, Jaguar Land Rover, said: “We have developed a sensational line-up of products of style and substance that empower our customers to make more of their world.”
A modern Discovery in every sense
All-New Discovery arrived in Paris after a spectacular unveiling on a 13-metre high LEGO version of London’s Tower Bridge. The magnificent model set a new Guinness World Record for the largest ever LEGO structure, using 5.8million bricks.
The globally renowned family toy created the perfect playground for the new SUV at Packington Hall in Warwickshire, close to the brand’s Solihull home. Land Rover customers Bear Grylls, Sir Ben Ainslie, and Zara Phillips MBE were also part of the event.
Gerry McGovern, Land Rover Chief Design Officer, said: “This is a modern Discovery in every sense, designed to accommodate seven full-sized adults. This well-proportioned, sure-footed vehicle will establish new standards for the Discovery family.”
World-first technologies debuted by Land Rover’s new premium SUV include Intelligent Seat Fold, which allows customers to remotely reconfigure the second- and third-row seats using a smartphone.
The digital All-New Discovery is equipped with up to nine USB ports, six 12-volt charging points and an in-car WiFi hotspot for up to eight devices. Additionally Jaguar Land Rover’s newly announced Spotify app offers readily available ‘music for every moment’ radio and personalised playlists based on users’ tastes and in-car listening habits.
All-New Discovery continues a 27-year story of innovation. Jaguar Land Rover is leading the software engineering revolution at the forefront of the shift from cogs to code, illustrated by the investment in electrical engineering which has trebled over the last five years from £99m to £301m.
Jaguar at Paris: new Jaguar XF Sportbrake confirmed
Jaguar confirmed in Paris the production of a new model. Speaking on the show stand, Ian Callum, Jaguar Design Director, said: “There are going to be more additions to the Jaguar family in 2017 and I can confirm that one of these will be the new XF Sportbrake.”
Camouflaged prototypes of the new XF Sportbrake are already undergoing testing and development on UK roads ahead of its launch next year.
Callum also referenced the offer of all-wheel drive and advanced traction technologies across the range, making Jaguar vehicles perfect for all markets and all weathers.
He said: “We will continue to grow our reputation as all-weather experts with all-wheel drive available on every vehicle and a toolbox of traction technology to give our drivers confidence whatever the conditions.”
British actor Nicholas Hoult, known for his roles in blockbuster films including Mad Max and the X-Men series, drove a Jaguar XF AWD R-Sport onto the show stand after putting the sports saloon through its paces as part of the Europe-wide Jaguar Art of Performance Tour.
I-TYPE 1: first ever all-electric Jaguar racing car debuts
Jaguar also took the opportunity to showcase its racing credentials as the new I-TYPE 1 racer made its global motor show debut in Paris. In October Panasonic Jaguar Racing will compete in the third FIA Formula E season with the first ever all-electric Jaguar racing car.
The brand’s commitment is to ‘Race to Innovate’ – a mission to change the perception of electric vehicles, to develop new electric technology and to inspire future generations.
Ingenium Powertrains: our most advanced engine ever
Jaguar Land Rover isn’t standing still with its current propulsion systems, expanding its powertrain family with new technologies for both current and future vehicles.
At the heart of its low-emissions strategy, the new four-cylinder Ingenium petrol engine is produced at Jaguar Land Rover’s £1billion Engine Manufacturing Centre. Designed, engineered and manufactured in the UK, these are the most advanced engines the company has ever developed. They will deliver up to 25 per cent more power than the units they replace and offer fuel consumption reductions of up to 15 per cent.
- Over the past six years, Jaguar Land Rover has doubled sales and employment, more than tripled turnover, and invested more than £12 billion in new product creation and capital expenditure
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest more than £3bn in its products and facilities in Fiscal 2017
- Jaguar Land Rover is one of the UK's largest exporters and generates around 80% of its revenue from exports
About Jaguar Land Rover MENA:
- Based in Dubai, Jaguar Land Rover MENA is responsible for the provision of region-wide support to 18 markets and their respective retailers in the Middle East and North Africa region
- Engineering Vehicle Testing centre currently operating in Dubai, with a dedicated Jaguar Land Rover Training Academy that is the first of its kind in the region
- A dedicated Jaguar Land Rover parts distribution centre is open in Jebel Ali Free Zone to service the entire region
- Currently employs circa 72 employees, supporting 43 dealerships across 18 markets
- Forecasted to grow to 64 dealerships across 18 markets by 2017/18, with strategic actions planned to further strengthen the regional dealer network
- MENA region currently ranks #4 for Jaguar Land Rover retail volumes globally -
For more information please visit: jaguar-me.com landrover-me.com