- The smartest, most capable and most adaptable Expedition ever promises to challenge the full-size SUV segment by offering more power, capability, generous space, connectivity and smart new technology
- New, more powerful 3.5-litre EcoBoost® engine and class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission are expected to deliver best-in-class power (400hp and 610Nm torque) and fuel economy, along with the best towing capability of any full-size SUV
- More than 40 features and driver-assist technologies new to Expedition help make the journey as enjoyable as the destination
The new-generation 2018 Ford Expedition powers into Ford dealerships across the Middle East this month, setting the benchmark yet again for the full-size SUV segment. The much-awaited model redefines its category with its all-new design inside and out, its unique smart technologies, best in class power and fuel economy, and more expected towing capability than any other full-sized SUV. The new generation 2018 Ford Expedition is the smartest, most capable and most adaptable Expedition ever. Crystal Worthem, marketing director, Ford Middle East and Africa, said: “The all-new Expedition represents the very latest thinking in SUV design and capability, and has given our teams an ideal opportunity to incorporate the most up to date smart features for our owners to enjoy.
“Ford prides itself in the unmatched legacy and heritage it enjoys across its sports utility vehicle lines,” Worthem continued. “We set the benchmark and in fact established the SUV category altogether nearly three decades ago, with Explorer, which today stands as America’s best-selling mid-size SUV for over 25 years, and the Expedition full-size SUV which created the full-size SUV category back in the 90s, not to mention the legendary Bronco. Today, the Ford utility lineup expands across five nameplates, from the very compact EcoSport to the large-size Expedition, all of which feature refreshed designs. And with the addition of the all-new Expedition, Ford now offers the freshest SUV range available on the market this year.”
Smartest Expedition ever The all-new Expedition offers more driver-assist technologies than any other full-size SUV. In addition, an all-new high-strength, aluminium-alloy body and redesigned high-strength steel frame form the foundation for Expedition’s rugged off-road and strong towing capabilities. Thanks to the use of advanced materials, the all-new Expedition saves up to 136 kg, and the team reinvested that weight savings everywhere it counts to give customers more technology and convenience features than ever before. More than 40 features and driver-assist technologies new to Expedition help make the journey as enjoyable as the destination. These include class-exclusive enhanced active park assist to easily pull in and out of parking spots, as well as available 360-degree camera technology to help customers see more around their Expedition for easier parking. On the road, Expedition’s lane-keeping aid is designed to reduce unintentional drifting of the vehicle outside its intended lane, while adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go allows drivers to set a cruising speed, using radar and camera technology to monitor traffic to maintain a set distance between vehicles.
Its collision avoidance detection system helps drivers avoid other vehicles or pedestrians, while available Blind Spot Information System helps monitor blind spots outside the driver’s immediate view. In addition, Expedition offers available new connectivity technologies and convenience features, including:
- Wireless charging: Expedition is Ford’s first vehicle to feature this system, which allows customers to place compatible mobile devices on an integrated charging pad conveniently located in the front centre console • Dual-headrest rear seat entertainment system provides a next-generation video experience that allows passengers to view their media on either of two video screens or hand-held devices
- SYNC® 3, with both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability, allows drivers to stay connected on the move. And with the new Expediton, SYNC® 3 debuts its off-road maps for the Middle East
- Power for passengers in every row, with four 12-volt power points, six USB chargers and a 220-volt power outlet that lets passengers stay charged and connected • 12-speaker B&O PLAY premium audio system perfected by acoustic engineers for a sound experience even audiophiles will appreciate
- Advanced cargo manager with an adjustable shelf behind the third row lets owners create a storage space customised to whatever they’re hauling; even when parked on a hill, cargo won’t roll out the back of Expedition when the liftgate is opened
- Panoramic Vista Roof spans two rows, a feature not offered by any competitor
Powered by a 3.5-litre EcoBoost® engine with standard Auto Start-Stop plus a class exclusive new 10-speed automatic transmission, the all-new Expedition offers best-in-class fuel economy and power, with up to 400 horsepower and 610Nm torque available. A newly-available electronic limited-slip differential on models with Intelligent 4WD enables improved off-road capability by sending power where it’s needed. The all-new Ford Expedition also offers the best towing capability of any full-size SUV, together with features such as Pro Trailer Backup Assist, which makes backing up a trailer as easy as turning a knob. Plus, an available hands-free liftgate makes loading cargo easy.
Most adaptable Expedition ever
The all-new Expedition has a roomy, flexible interior. With seating for up to eight people and their gear, this full-size SUV makes modern family adventures more comfortable during short and long trips alike.
The all-new Expedition is the first full-size utility to feature a sliding second-row seat with tip-and-slide functionality, providing easy access to the third row without the need to first remove a child safety seat. Once in the third row, even adults will appreciate more legroom and reclining seats. Expedition’s second- and third-row seats can be quickly folded flat with the push of a button to open up a cargo area wide enough to handle 4x8-foot sheets of plywood and other gear, depending on cargo weight and load distribution, even with the liftgate closed.
Even the drive is more adaptable, with Expedition’s all-new Terrain Management System™ that lets customers choose between drive modes for optimal vehicle handling in different conditions. This includes normal for around-town driving, sport for more spirited trips, tow/haul for improved towing and hauling performance, eco for enhanced fuel economy, grass/gravel/snow for loose terrain, sand for low traction situations, and mud/rut for uneven surfaces.
You can see the exciting new-generation Expedition in action by clicking this link.