- Ford F-Series is now America’s best-selling truck for 41 consecutive years and America’s best-selling vehicles with 896,764 models sold in 2017
- One F-Series truck was sold every 35 seconds throughout the year
- New tougher, smarter, and more capable 2018 F-150 now in Ford dealerships across the Middle East
Ford has once again fortified its position as America’s truck leader with its F-Series marking 41 consecutive years as the nation’s best-selling pickup, and America’s best-selling vehicle for 36 years.
F-Series sales in 2017 increased 9.3 per cent with 896,764 trucks sold, representing F-Series’ best sales performance since 2005 and its dominance of the pickup market. Ford has now sold more than 27 million F-Series variants since January 1977 which, if lined bumper to bumper, would stretch over 150,000 kilometres and could circle the globe almost four times.
To put 2017 sales figures into some perspective, an F-Series truck was sold every 35 seconds throughout the year – a year in which Ford marked 100 years since the launch of its first purpose built truck, the 1917 Model TT.
Ford’s truck leadership was founded on core values of innovation, durability, dependability and legendary toughness. In 1977, that meant a light duty pickup that featured an improved 351-series V8 engine, standard front disc brakes and the option of an extended SuperCab for the sixth generation F-Series. Fast forward 41 years, and customer expectations, lifestyles, work demands and usage have helped to define the world’s most innovative, technologically advanced, safest and most capable trucks ever produced.
The 2018 Ford F-Series
Debuted in the region at the Dubai International Motor Show in November 2017 and available today in dealerships across the Middle East, the 2018 Ford F-150 is tougher, smarter, and more capable than ever. The new model features a refreshed bolder design with a rich array of new technologies that add on to the already class leading capabilities that the truck boasts.
Three years after introducing a high-strength, military-grade, aluminium-alloy-bodied F-150, the new truck arrives with bold new styling, advanced technologies, a segment-first 10-speed automatic transmission and F-150’s most advanced engine line-up yet.
An enhanced 5.0-litre V8 normally-aspirated engine features significant upgrades for 2018 including advanced dual port and direct-injection technology for more horsepower and additional torque. Spray-on bore liner technology, also featured in the Shelby GT350® Mustang, has been added to squeeze out even more weight from the aluminium block. For the first time, the V8 is paired with the 10-speed SelectShift automatic.
For best-in-class towing, the second-generation 3.5-litre EcoBoost twin-turbo V6 delivers roughly six tonnes of towing capacity thanks to its impressive 578 Nm torque. That level of power beats all diesel- and petrol-powered competitors, including V8 engines with nearly twice its displacement. With dual port and direct-injection technology, the 370-horsepower twin-turbo engine provides ideal low-end and peak engine performance for hauling heavy payloads and towing heavy trailers.Raising the bar through segment-exclusive materials and technologies
The new F-150 continues to offer a segment-exclusive combination of advanced materials that have proven durability through extensive real-world performance and inhibit corrosion. A high-strength, military-grade, aluminium alloy body and box that saves weight and adds capability coupled with a high-strength steel fully-boxed ladder frame.
The new Ford F-150 further advances the light-duty pickup truck market with segment-first and class-exclusive technologies that improve productivity, efficiency and driver confidence, while keeping occupants connected to the world around them. Technologies include:
- New segment-first enhanced adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality is available to allow drivers to set a cruising speed. The system then uses radar and camera technology to monitor traffic ahead to maintain a set distance between vehicles – even following a vehicle down to a complete stop
- New segment-first Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection is available to help drivers avoid or mitigate collisions with other vehicles and pedestrians
- New B&O PLAY audio system is available, offering high-end speakers, sound and tuning for a richer, more engaging listening experience
The F-150 already offers segment-exclusive driver-assist and convenience features that include:
- Available Pro Trailer Backup Assist allows F-150 drivers of various skill levels to steer a trailer instinctively using a centre console-mounted dial to back-up a boat launch or park in a driveway
- Available Blind Spot Information System with trailer coverage technology is optimised for F-150 to include up to 33 feet of trailer length; BLIS® uses radar sensors in the taillamps to monitor areas that may not be visible to the driver around the truck and trailer
- Available 360-degree camera technology helps improve driver confidence when parking and can help reduce stress when connecting a trailer – allowing customers to see more so they can focus on specific tasks such as lining up a hitch
Available lane-keeping system is designed to help reduce drifting of the truck outside its intended lane