On November 24th, the finals of the UAE’s first DP World Tour Championship STEAMathalon presented by BMW Group Middle East and AGMC took place at Jumeirah Golf Estates, in association with Canada’s leading Ed-Tech company, Kalebr, European Tour, Re:Set and Dubai Autism Center.
- The DP World Tour Championship STEAMathalon presented by BMW Group Middle East and AGMC was thefirst to be held with a major European Tour tournament
- Hosted teams of 100 young learners, aged between 10 to 13, competed from around the country against one another with artificial intelligence GolfBots as they traversed a custom three-hole mini-course
- Over the course of the event, students competed alongside golfing professionals at the DP World Tour Championship, including household names such as Rory McIlroy, Tommy Fleetwood and Adri Arnaus, with Arnaus getting a hole in one using the AI GolfBot
- Horizon International School came out on top against their competitors to win the “DP World Tour Championship Presented by BMW AGMC Grand Prize” with the students and their teacher winning a VIP behind the scenes tour followed by front row seats reserved on the 18th Grandstand
- The UAE community supported the initiative with up to 1,000 guests in attendance over the four days to cheer on the students and enjoy the array of activities provided including free rounds at the mini-AI course for a shot at winning the Public Leaderboard.
Tangri, Co-Founder & CEO of Kalebr Americas and Founder of
STEAMathalon said: “The DP World Tour Championship STEAMathalon has
proven yet again how impressive the capabilities of today’s young minds are. As
we watched the schools compete, not only did we see incredible teamwork, but
the students showed determination, technical capabilities, and a competitive
spirit that is sure to translate into rigour when entering the workforce. Using
the sport of golf and AI, STEAMathalon provides an exciting platform for
students to prepare themselves for the future, and we’re even more excited for
the next STEAMathalon competition to watch them flourish and grow.”
Tom Phillips, Head of the European Tour Middle East said: “Everyone at the European Tour is thrilled to have hosted the STEAMathalon presented by Group Middle East and AGMC at the season-ending DP World Tour Championship, the first to be held with an official golf tournament,” said Phillips. “Innovation is something that the European Tour is really driving right now with the addition of new and fun formats of golf that are accessible to everyone. It was great to see the GolfBots in action and to learn more from the innovative minds behind them.”