(L to R) Mohamed Bahaa, CTO of WIMO and Wissam Aboueida, CEO of WIMO
WIMO “Where Is My Order” delivery logistics platform raises US$500k to expand automation capabilities and onboard enterprise clients
–Platform helps delivery companies and those managing their own fleets keep their costs down using dynamic logistics automation and simple user experience design practices
-With over 3 million deliveries to date, WIMO focused on growth across the region, initially UAE and KSA
Dubai, Riyadh, January 21, 2019
WIMO, a dynamic delivery logistics platform that enables companies automate their logistics operations and deliver a superior customer experience to their customers, has landed US$500k in SEED funding lead by Dubai Angel Investors (DAI) and other regional based prominent angel investors.
WIMO was founded in 2017 by two software engineers Wissam Aboueida and Mohamed Bahaa and has offices in Dubai and Riyadh, with regional expansion plans. They both teamed up to disrupt existing legacy systems used by most eCommerce, courier companies and traditional logistics and distribution company units.
Wissam Aboueida, CEO of WIMO said, “WIMO was designed with 2 main objectives in mind, easy-to-use software and logistics automation. Companies from different industries face daily challenges in managing their last-mile ground teams and till date leading courier companies and retailers are relying on excel and outdated clunky and complex systems to manage their day-to-day operations. Last mile delivery costs still make up at least 30% of total revenues. WIMO is here to change that, embed more automation and reduce total costs for a business to run their logistics.”
Aboueida added that since launch, WIMO has crossed 3 million deliveries via the platform and on boarded many prominent enterprise clients across UAE and Saudi Arabia.
“With this new funding, we are very excited to work with DAI to expand our presence in Dubai and Riyadh and expand our engineering team to enrich our platform with better automation and enterprise capabilities. WIMO provides a low-touch plug and play solution to cater for last mile teams and perfect end-customer experiences,” concluded Aboueida.
Tarek Amin, cofounder of Dubai Angel Investors said, “As an investor, we’ve been very selective about the companies that we have backed, we are confident that WIMO has a winning team and a fantastic game-plan to help Enterprises remain competitive and keep their costs down using the latest logistics automation and best user experience and design practices. We are excited to support them in bringing the platform to further companies in the region.”
WIMO makes managing deliveries and logistics operations efficient by offering courier companies and those managing their own fleets the ability to have:
- Real time tracking and alerts: Track agents in real time & enable customers to track their deliveries in real time.
- Multiple payment options: Allow your agents to collect cash & credit card on delivery. No more bounced deliveries because of payments.
- Smart optimized routes: Don’t let your agents decide where to go first, our smart routing algorithm will do the job. Route planning made simple.
- Integration ready: A powerful set of APIs, SDKs and Plugins that seamlessly integrate with any existing system or software enterprises already have in place.
- Digital proof of delivery: Capture digital signatures, photos, notes, Emirates IDs verification and update delivery status with ease. Convert your agents to brand representatives!
- Performance reports: Monitor the metrics that matter to your business. Empower your teams to tackle problems before they occur.
“WIMO’s latest offering Wimo Ship, launched in November 2018, brings this mission one step closer to reality.” said Mohamed Bahaa, CTO of WIMO. Wimo Ship allows e-commerce players to take control of their margins, rates, and shipping policies at a customer or product level and automate their shipping management with ease.
“We are excited about the 2019 outlook as we continue to on board leading couriers and retail clients on their digital transformation roadmap, actively optimizing their customer journey and process automation.” added Bahaa.
For more please visit https://wimoapp.com/